Creamed Fresh Peas with New Potatoes
1-2 Tbsp of butter
1/4 tsp of salt
fresh shelled peas
White Sauce – 2-3 tbsp of butter; 2 tbsp of flour; Dash of pepper; 1 cup of milk
- Wash potatoes and boil until tender (about 15 minutes)
- Toss hot potatoes in 2-3 tbsp of butter until each potato is lightly coated.
- Place in a serving bowl and keep hot.
While potatoes cook – cook peas in lightly salted water and prepare white sauce.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt 2 tbsp of butter stir in flour. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until sauce thickens.
- Add salt and pepper, add peas, and pour over new potatoes.