~ Certified Organic Vegetables
Tips for roasting
- Cut your vegetables into similar sizes to ensure cooking consistency.
- Veggies will shrink when roasted, so plan ahead with quantities.
- The heat needs to be high – 425 degrees F. The high temperature ensures that the veggies will cook quickly; they’ll brown on the outside, but stay tender on the inside.
- Don’t overcrowd. A single layer works best.
- Smaller pieces have more surface area that will be exposed to the heat, giving them a better chance to crisp and brown. Don’t use big chunks.
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper over veggies and mix them in a bowl to lightly coat before placing on the pan.
- Baking pans with low sides are best – cookie sheets
- Start checking after about 20 minutes. Fork test and stir around to encourage even browning and crisping.
- This method can be used with several different veggies – in any combination – eggplant, onion, garlic, green beans, carrots, beets, peppers, tomato, hot peppers, scallions … possibilities are endless